Saturday 19 May 2012

KATH HOWARD'S DREAM THEATRE - Elena's first dream- my interpretation




Elena's first dream
Dream 1 
I was the daughter of a would-be king in a medieval/fantasy land. I played the violin to summon a little yellow bird, the bird would come and land on the scroll of my violin and sing the songs I was playing. I loved the bird and I loved reading. I would receive a box of books a day from the library and I would read them all and send them back. My would-be king father sent me the books as usual but one of them was a book about how my little yellow bird had been killed. I knew that he would have killed the bird if anyone as he hated me playing the violin. I decided to go to his tower to confront him about it. As I got to the top of the tower I realised that their plan was to get me to the tower so that they could begin to demolish the tower and make the whole town angry as the town people liked me. They began to demolish the tower and I was trapped at the top. I finally managed to escape and I ran towards the real King and Queen who were sat on thrones watching the tower being demolished. They were sat with the bishops and knights beside them in a row as in chess. I told them how much I loved them and that my father could never replace them. They adopted me as their daughter and I played the violin and the little yellow bird landed unharmed on the scroll of my violin. 
My Interpretation
Medieval; 
To dream of medieval times represents old habits/attitudes and old ways of thinking. 

Singing bird; 
Singing birds are supposedly harbingers of good luck. From what I read the bird sounds like a canary bird? If it was, they are supposed to denote unexpected pleasure. They also represent your goals, aspirations and hopes. 

Violin; 
To play a violin in your dreams denotes honor, distinction and refinement. It suggests that you will be recognized for your work. 

Book; 
Books can represent knowledge or things you have learned. They can suggest that you are moving towards your goals at a slow and steady pace. An open book symbolizes that you are able to grasp new ideas with ease. 

king; 
A king represents power and control and symbolizes a father figure. You may be looking for support. 

Queen; 
A Queen symbolizes intuition, personal growth, power and influence and may also be a symbol of your mother. 

Princess (soon to be Queen); 
This may represent that you are beginning to realize your full potential although still there is much more growing to be done. It is a symbol of your youth and mental development. However it may mean that you have been or becoming too demanding. 

Tower; 
A tower represents your high hopes and aspirations. Climbing a tower denotes your quest for spirituality and subconscious ideas that may be surfacing. A falling tower shows there may be drastic change ahead. 

Knight; 
A knight represents honor, loyalty, protection and security. The knight can also be seen as a savior or someone who ’sweeps you off your feet’. 

killer (attempt from the king); 
This suggests that an essential aspect of your emotions has been cut off. You may feel like you are losing your identity or individuality. However it may show that you’re standing up for yourself and putting an end to something. 

Adopted; 
To dream you’re adopted suggests you are longing for the child within you. 

About the video
I made the video using my webcam to make it seem less professional. I used found objects with sticky notes, printed pictures and written signs to display my interpretations. It was recorded in my bedroom to relate to the concept of dreams, something every ordinary person does.

No comments:

Post a Comment